Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pedagogical Issues For Struggling Algebra Students

Boy this summer has gone by so fast! I have been so busy doing in –services that I just can’t believe it is almost August .
My first in –service was from June 23rd to June 27th. It was called: Pedagogical Issues For Struggling Algebra Students Presenter: Terri Faitel
This was a great in- service and it went by so fast. I loved it Ms. Faitel is an excellent teacher and I would recommend taking any in- service or class that she may teach.
We learned how to teach several lessons using math graphic organizers, books and units on space.
She taught us several tricks using a graphic calculator.
Other key ideas:
Teaching using S.L.O.T. Students Learning Over Time.
Quotes from Richard Stiggins.
Assessment Crisis: The Absence Of Assessment For Learning by Richard J. Stiggins
Seven Practices for Effective Learning by Jay McTighe and Ken O’ConnorThis was my favorite one so far and I was dreading it the most because I am not a math teacher.

No comments: