Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thing 21

I only like the educational YouTubes. I am not much for TV shows and some of the stuff is just plan silly. I did enjoy a few my favorite one was the Top 10 things you didn’t learn in collage. I dislike when you do a search and inappropriate things come up with your search. And they stay on the side of the page so you would have to put the video in some other program/ blog to show in class. We are also blessed with the use of united streaming from RESA. I use that fairly often. They are a little longer than Youtube but information is presented visually.
There were a few that I found that I could use in my learning lab on study habits.
YouTube is banned from student usage in our building. Teacher can use them as of right now however this may change if students get caught trying to download them. ( They haven’t found a way to block the students only so right now they lifted the block but students have found that out yet. When the do it will be back to blocked again for all of us is my guess.)

No comments: