Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thing 14

Right now I would have to say I see myself more as a consumer of podcasting to start with. I think I need to get a good handle on using podcasting before I create one. I would like to do both eventually and plan to work at this during summer break.

I would like to use it in my classes. Like the oral History project and Science experiments. It will be difficult to do because we have limited access to the server and programs needed to make the podcasts including computer access for everyone.

I liked some of the ideas to use ipods in the classroom. I liked the idea of students using them to listen to a test as they take it. Many of my student use this accommodation on tests and we have to read it to them. This would be great. It would be hard to get ipods for student/teacher use and getting teachers to put their test onto the ipod may be even more difficult. With the new High School requirements/ standards all test being the same for each subjects, it would be a great tool for the final exams.

No comments: