Monday, April 21, 2008

Thing 8

I really missed the “How To” videos use in the past sections. I spent too much time trying to figure out how to download/copy the spell with flickr into either word or my blogs. I never did get it into my blog.

I love photography so I spent the most time playing with the jigsaw site and the cool stuff they had there to do with photos (the posters, frames, speech bubbles, pocket albums etc.)
It took me a long time to figure out the retrievr, flickr montoger and the flickr color pickr. I didn’t really enjoy them too much.

The flickr color pickr was different but not sure how I would ever use it unless I guess I had more pictures saved and wanted to tag a picture of my own and try to get them to come up to change the color of them.
I think I would use these sites/tools more for personal use or for letters to parents. Maybe could use them on our school webpage under the scrapbook section.

The flickr memry site could be used maybe in a Biology or History classes to match thing that go together if you had the pictures saved for them. Could use for terms that go together. I think this would be time consuming because you would have to take pictures of everything and download them.

The retrievr site well lets just say I can’t draw with a pen let alone a mouse. I don’t think I would use this much or the Sudoku puzzle except just to inform my students it is a site they could use to explore for an online experience.

The Flickr Montager tool, here again I would be afraid bad pictures might come up in their search. I did one on World War I and there were some cool “real pictures” that came up. This could be used in a PowerPoint presentation.
I enjoyed exploring this site and now want to also explore photobucket and see if they have any extras.

No comments: